Opened at beginning of 2010, G.H. Piazza Borsa, merges three adjacent buildings in the historical center of Palermo into one large hotel structure. The central part of the structure used to be the convent and the large church of Mercedarian Fathers (XVI cen.), inaugurated in 1614. Both the cloister, characterized by daringly high porticos, and the old convent door have remained practically unchanged. Each of the 127 rooms has its own separate design and personality.