POSITION: BRAND MANAGER, BACK-ROADS – AUS/NZ
REPORTS TO: GM, TOPDECK & BACK-ROADS – ASIA PACIFIC
LOCATION BASE: BRISBANE
STATUS: FULL TIME
Back-Roads Touring is a unique small group touring concept offering fascinating and leisurely regional tours throughout the UK & Europe. With a maximum of 18 people per tour, Back-Roads provide more of an intimate and relaxing travel experience, taking our guests off the freeways and onto the back roads to enjoy seasonal cuisine, charming accommodation and authentic cultural experiences.
The Brand Manager, Back-Roads (BRT) will be a Topdeck (TD) employee dedicated to the successful delivery of all aspects of the ongoing GSA agreement between TD and BRT. This role will have a major focus on sales and marketing with the help of the existing TD Teams. This will include overseeing the planning and implementation of all trade and direct marketing activity, all sales related activity, building and maintaining key industry relationships and being the overall brand advocate for the BRT brand across AUS / NZ. Although the role will not have a direct reporting line from reservations and accounts, the internal involvement will also fall across these departments ensuring all BRT related reservations, documentation, customer service and internal funds transferring is in order.
• Oversee the sales for all relevant GSA channels for BRT within Aus/NZ markets.
• Have input on head office contracting agreements (managed by TD Sales Director).
• Manage and mentor the dedicated BRT BDMs.
• Together with the reservations manager, ensure product knowledge, sales procedures and customer service fall within the current SLA.
• Implement and execute a marketing plan for both AU and NZ
• Ensure BRT documentation is sent and delivered in a timely manner.
• Work with the assigned design representative to ensure all in market collateral is on brand.
• Communicate all BRT product, sales and marketing information to TD sales and res teams.
Key Responsibilities (cont.)
• Harness as many training opportunities for BRT as possible.
• Expo management: Register and ensure all supporting collateral is ready for all trade expos across Aus/NZ.
• Represent BRT at consumer and trade information evenings, expos and events.
• Liaise with BRT on the printing of all BRT brochures to ensure absolute speed to market.
• Develop, and from time to time host, a range of incentives to drive sales of BRT product.
• Complete monthly GSA report outlining key market activity.
• Work with the TD finance team to ensure payments are receipted in a timely manner and TD / BRT transfers complete.
• 3+ Years sales experience in the travel industry
• Previous work with travel agents and an understanding of the travel industry required
• Marketing experience / understanding
• Relationship building skills
• European destination knowledge preferred
• Must be a team player
• Ability to think outside the square
• Time management and organizational skills
• Relationship Management
• Public speaking experience and competency
• Ability to adapt to surroundings and interact with multiple personality types