Official Rules for the Back Roads Barge Trip Competition
Back-Roads Touring Co. Limited, Level 1, 107 Power Road, London, W4 5PY
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
By entering this competition, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
1. This competition is open to anyone in the world above the age of 18. Anyone professionally connected to Back-Roads is not allowed to enter.
2. This promotion is void where local laws or regulations prohibit such participation. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are entitled to participate.
3. You will need internet access to enter the competition.
4. Promotion Period:
You can enter this promotion between 10.00am GMT on 7th of March 2017 and 11.59pm GMT on 20th March 2017.
5. To Enter:
6. Promoter’s Rights to Submissions:
Copyright in your submission will remain with you. However, by entering this competition, you grant us and our related entities an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to reproduce, publish, post, broadcast, display, adapt and modify your entry in any media throughout the world for any purpose and without additional notification, compensation or approval from you or any other party.
Participants warrant that their entry is their own work. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any law and that relevant consents have been granted by any subjects of the work. You agree to indemnify us from and against all claims, demands, losses, expenses and costs (including legal costs) which we may incur arising from any third party claims or demands in relation to breach of any intellectual property rights.
7. The Prize: One (1) winner will win two (2) x places on the Burgundy A Cruise Along le Canal de Bourgogne with Back-Roads including economy class flights to Paris from the winner’s closest capital city.
8. Further Prize Details:
The winner must choose one (1) trip only from three departure dates: 15th of June, 10th August or the 7th of September. The winner and guest must be fit to travel.
Both the main and bonus prize are non-transferable and must be used in conjunction with each other. There is no cash alternative to the prize.
The prize winner must provide the promoter with their preferred airport of departure no more than two weeks after accepting the prize.
The competition prize winner and their guest are responsible for paying all additional costs associated with the prize that are not specifically included (as stated in these Terms & Conditions), including, where applicable, transport to and from the respective airports, additional accommodation fees, meal costs, spending money, insurance, car insurance, car insurance excess costs, petrol and all other incidentals. You will be responsible for any additional costs including insurance, excess waiver costs and excess charges in the case of an accident or theft.
The promoter holds no responsibility or liability for the winner and their guest. Insurance is not included in the prize. The promoter strongly advises the winner and their guest to take out comprehensive travel and car insurance for their trip. The promoter will not be held responsible for any hotel or flight cancellations and, therefore, advises the winner to ensure cancellation is included in their travel insurance.
The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize, or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value, at any time before the competition closes.
The competition winner is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including valid passports and visas.
The prize winners may be required to participate in publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion.
The winner must book directly through Back-Roads Touring reservations on 020 3805 9907 or email@example.com
9. Winner Selection:
All valid entries will be judged by the Promoter on the creativity and originality of the answer to ‘Why do you deserve to win a French barge trip with Back-roads Touring’. The valid entry that has the most creative and original answer as judged by the Promoter will be deemed the winner. The draw will take place within three (3) working days after the close of the Promotion Period.
10. Contacting the Winner: We’ll contact the winner by emailing the winner within 5 working days after the draw. If you are our winner, you must respond within 14 days; otherwise the prize will be awarded to a reserve winner.
11. If you are the winner, we’ll send you the prize details within 28 days of your acceptance of the prize. All details that you will need to redeem your prize will be in that email.
12. You can’t transfer a prize to someone else, exchange it for something else or a cash alternative. You may not change trips after selecting the departure date.
14. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or the like will not be accepted. We will not accept cheating in any form, including the use of macros or other automated means of entry, masking of identity by manipulating IP addresses, using any false identity or any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of the promotion (to be determined at our absolute discretion). If you’re found to be cheating you will be excluded.
15. To the extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage which you may suffer arising out of or in connection with the promotion or the prize itself (whether in contract, tort or under statute or otherwise.
16. If this promotion can’t run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of this promotion, we reserve the right to disqualify any person involved. We may also cancel, modify or suspend the promotion in such circumstances.
17. In the event of any dispute our decision is final.
18. By entering you confirm that you have read and agree to these Terms & Conditions.
19. If you want to find out who won, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Back-roads barge trip competition” in the subject line.
20. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.